Whilst writing your post….
- Be sure to write an effective post title that includes the main keywords.
- Identify your audience and tailor your writing to suit.
- Divide text into smaller sections with relevant headings.
- Link to past blog posts where possible.
- Add a question at the end of your post to encourage discussion in your comments section.
- Add on-brand, SEO-ready images and don’t forget to add “alt text” to the description of your images.
- Add a featured image (on WordPress).
- Make sure your post is SEO-optimised.
- Proofread and run a spell check.
After you’ve hit publish…
- Pin your post with an attractive image on Pinterest.
- Schedule it to be shared on your relevant social media platforms several times.
- Share it in any relevant Facebook groups including your personal Facebook page.
- Share it on your Insta-stories announcing that you have a new post.
- Check the analytics of your post to see how much engagement it is receiving and tweak if necessary.
- Tweet it and tag in re-sharing accounts.
Tools I use and love:
Buffer, especially for tweets.
Unfold, Hype Type and StoryArt for creating Insta-stories
Lightroom and Snapseed for editing photos
The Grid to keep my Instagram schedule pre-planned and organized.
I now offer blog coaching sessions. Whether you’re looking for a one-off coaching session to focus on something specific or are interested in a more personalised training programme, I will work with you to tailor a training plan that is best suited for you.
Training plans will be tailored and can cover topics such as:
- Search engine optimisation and key phrase planning
- Content ideas generation
- How to increase engagement and traffic
- How to optimise your content
- How to schedule effectively
- How to create an editorial calendar
- How to make Social media work for your blog
- How to build your personal brand
- How to monetise your blog
- How to stay productive, focused and develop a success mindset
- How to pitch to PRs and brands
- How to create a media kit
In addition I will be your accountability partner and provide ongoing support so you can get feedback and a second opinion on anything you need.
Coaching sessions can take place either face to face if you are based in London, or over the phone.
One off coaching sessions start from £150.
Get in touch to find out more at firstname.lastname@example.org